Saturday, March 31, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award, Whaaaat?!?

I wish I'd known, I would've prepared a speech.... I mean, gosh, I'm stunned.... I'd like to thank all the awesome people who've made this possible.... my family, my friends, my food processor.....

I love blogging, I guess I didn't start one earlier because I had no idea that there was such a thing as a "food blog" but I couldn't go without it now! I love the community online that helps me deal with the changes in my life and supports my efforts to make wheat and dairy free food, that most importantly tastes good :)
I hope you check out the sites I've listed below, there are some really amazing blogs out there who don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve!

But anyways, I digress. First off, a HUGE THANK YOU to Peter for not only smiling upon me & my Blog but for your awesome blog, I hope everyone that happens upon this will pop by your blog to check it out...... and BTW, his Jacked Up Turkey Burgers look pretty dang awesome!

The moment you've all been waiting for, here are my nominees! Please check them out!
  • Carolina at La Cucina Prima Donna, she has some incredible recipes and I look forward to trying them all out in time!
  • Jacqueline at The Dusty Baker, you inspire me to keep baking even though I can't have milk or wheat!
  • Toby at Plate Fodder, you have a hilarious writing style and awesome recipes.
  • Allen at Cook! Bake! Share! .... no explanation needed, yum!
  • Angela at Oh She Glows. Because even though I'm not vegan, her mac and cheeze makes me not miss dairy so much :)
  • Heather at Heather's Dish. I only hope I can take amazing photographs like that someday!
  • Maria at Flavors of Mumbai, I'm a sucker for good Indian food!
  • Nicole at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring. As a college student I can sympathize with the name of this website, and all her food looks so good!
  • Natalie at Gluten Free Mommy. She has some great ideas for quick and easy gluten free dishes for weeknight!
  • Vanessa at Mango Ginger. I love reading about your life in Bangkok and trying out your recipes!
  • Sarah at My New Roots has some incredible (and super healthy) recipes
  • Terri at A Daily Obsession. Back before the food allergies started, her recipe for eggless tiramisu was in constant demand among my friends.
  • Jamie at Gluten Free Mom, her flour recipe was the first one I tried, and even though I've tried several since I still think its the best!
  • Michelle at Gluten Free Fix is awesome about pointing out how here recipes can also be made dairy free, also huge congratulations to her as she's pregnant!
  • Hannah at Celiac Girl and Her Adventures. One of my sister's and good friends' blogs, she seriously knows all the tricks for being wheat and dairy free :)
That's everyone! I hope you enjoy their blogs as much as I've enjoyed them!

I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about me, so here goes:
  • As an engineer, I have a whole collection of nerd humor and I'm slightly addicted to the big bang theory!
  • I'm known as the "domestic one" in the Chemical Engineering department, as it is not unusual for me to bring cookies to the lab.
  • I've worked as everything from a lab technician, to a security guard to a Taco Bell manager... 
  • I grew up in Northern England and Colorado, and have amazing parents who share my passion for food.
  • I can't wait to have a nicer kitchen, I'll definitely be posting pictures of my food once that happens! 
  • The farmers market where I'm moving to meets right next to my apartment complex, *super excited!!!*
  • I am so fortunate to have friends and followers who understand my new passion for cooking and support me in those efforts!
P.S.: here's the official "rules" I'm supposed to repost for those of you I've named above
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. 
  • Include a link to their blog.
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. 
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. 
There are also a few add-on rules:
  • In the same post, include this set of rules. 
  • Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award? ”It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Katie :) for nominating my site:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow katie thanks for nominating my blog! i see we share many common things:))

    ReplyDelete