Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Kitchen Magic" and my Apple Crisp Recipe

So, my friends seem to think I have "kitchen magic" or something.... I disagree, I just have lots of practice cooking and a lot of recipes :) Sorry for the ramble, I don't think I'm fully awake yet... freaking time change.

Anyways, without further ado, here if my oft requested Apple Crisp recipe

Apple Crisp:
4 C Sliced, peeled granny smith apples***
3/4 C Brown sugar
1/2 C Flour (see previous post for my flour recipe)
1/2 C Oats (check labels, some are produced on the same equipment as wheat)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/3 C Butter, melted

Grease an 8" square pan (if you run some of the butter around the pan it tastes even better), place apple slices in pan. Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly, sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown and crunchy.

***This goes waaaay faster if you use either a mandolin or the straight blade on the side of most cheese graters

Note: I have a tendency to sample the crisp topping (its really good :) ) so, sometimes I make a double batch so it won't be short on topping if I sample too much....

No comments:

Post a Comment