Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm On A Fish Kick!

Okay, a quick explanation for the large number of fish recipes I've posted lately... I went to Sam's club with my friend, and bought a huge bag of sole fillets, chicken tenders and shrimp. Seeing as I'm trying to use up all my freezer meat before I move in May, there's going to be a bunch of fish, shrimp and chicken recipes on the blog, ok? :)

One of my friends is turning 22 on Monday, so I cooked us dinner and we went to see a movie! Here's what we ate:
Easy Sole Meuniere:
1/2 C Flour mix
4 Sole fillets, 3 to 4 ounces each
6 Tbsp "Butter"
1 tsp Lemon zest
6 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced
Salt and Pepper

Combine flour, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper in a shallow bowl. Pat the fillets dry and sprinkle with salt on one side.
Heat 3 Tbsp of butter in a large pan over medium heat until it starts to brown. Quickly dredge 2 of the fillets in the flour and place in the pan. Lower heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Flip over and continue to cook, add 1/2 tsp of lemon zest and 3 Tbsp lemon juice to the pan and cook until golden brown and the fish flakes easily. Carefully put the fillets on a plate and place in a 200F oven to keep warm. Repeat with the other 2 fillets.

I served this with pasta as we were pressed for time, but I would highly recommend mashed potatoes. The sauce from the fish is really good!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds very good! I would love to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete