Wednesday, April 18, 2012

HYSYS Stole My Soul (aka: why I fell off the face of the earth)



Hi there ChemEGirl Cooks followers!

So, I haven't updated for a while... I'm fine, but school is getting in the way of my life... specifically HYSYS and Matlab are getting in the way of my life!
GROSS!

^^^^ That is HYSYS ^^^^^

What does it do, you may ask? It steals your soul It can be used to design chemical plants! I'm currently "building" a plant that makes dicyclopentadiene out of cyclopentadiene, and writing a 50+ page report on it. That's not my process, mine involves lots of reactors and distillation columns and tanks, but it gives you the general idea.

I also have a coding project in Matlab for my numerical methods class, a take-home test for nanotechnology, a formal report for senior lab and a test Thursday in my HSE class.
Basically, it's hell week.

ChemEGirl cooks should start getting updated again after this weekend, once I'm done with classes FOREVER!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited to graduate, maybe just a little bit... :D )
I'll also probably be MIA for a little while while I move. Exciting stuff!
Thanks for your patience, and if anyone wants to do my homework hit me up in the comments section :)

Update:
All I have left to do now is the math project and some plant design!!!! Almost there!

2 comments:

  1. hy Katie, congrats on your graduation & best wishes
    new to your space
    happy following you..:)
    do stop by mine sometime

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're hanging in there! I, too, have been enjoying your blog! Allen.

    ReplyDelete